“We had Ofsted in June (2017) and got ‘good’ – they loved our SEN practices, which can be attributed to help from you!” – Deputy Head – St Helens
Feedback from delegates to our Spring Term 2018 Inclusion Forums:
- “Super! I am hoping to invite you to into my school to inspire the whole staff”
- “Fabulous! Time well spent & enjoyable!”
- “Wonderful as always – thank you”
- “Lovely, reassuring delivery of materials in a thoroughly enjoyable session”
- “An excellent day”
- ” Fun and interactive that encouraged reflection”
- “All really useful with practical resources”
- “An excellent session….interactive useful and very, very useful”
- “Brilliant and insightful – thank you”
- “Fab delivery and guest speaker. A packed day with learning and laughter”.
- “Using own experiences and emotional intelligence to unpick the root behind behaviour in children”
- “Great training – thank you”
- “The content and pace of the course was excellent”
- “A great course….I thoroughly enjoyed it”
- “Given me a greater focus on behaviour and the meaning behind this with solutions to help”
- “Everything was most useful – thank you”
- “A very engaging session”
- “Very insightful”
- “Seeing the graphics used and how these could be adapted to my practice”
- “Very Insightful”
- “Full of great ice-breakers”
- “Excellent content”
- “Chairing meetings was so useful. Great to be able to have a ‘fly on the wall’ view. I will definitely be using the strategies!”
- “Superb! Lots of new ideas and elements of training to take back”
- “How to examine chairing meetings and how to deal with tricky situations”
- “Really informative – a great chance to discuss with SENDCO’s from different clusters and LA’s”
- “The practical elements of the course kept interest high and enjoyable”
- “Thank you – a very useful, resourceful and practical day”
- “Looking a chairing meetings from the ‘outside-in’ was most useful”
- “Some good ideas for staff meetings”
- “The ‘every teacher is a teacher of SEN’ is a great tool to deliver to staff”
- “I always love the SEND Updates….as I leave with a focus to drive through school”.
Feedback from delegates to our Autumn Term 2017 Inclusion Forums:
- “All extremely useful – will be using resources and slides provided to deliver INSET and CPD to staff”
- “A fantastic course – to be recommended”
- “Fantastic as ever! Zena makes our SENCO life much easier!!”
- “Some top tips for the classroom”
- “Fantastic course, so much information given I can share with other members in school”
- “Practical advice and activities that can be easily incorporated”
- “Really interesting and informative”
- “Super-practical ideas to put in place in the classroom”
- “Brought EAL back to the front of my mind”
- “Lots of ideas for all pupils”
- “Engaging session”
- “Really engaging and fun!”
- “Really enlightening – something new”
- “We don’t have any EAL children but lots of great ideas for all children”
- “Very engaging”
- “Practical activities and ideas which can be so quickly implemented by all”
- “Very interesting and helpful. Clearly explained”
- “Made me think form the side of the EAL child/person”
- “All excellent. Loads to take back to school and share”
- “So helpful”
- “Hands on, interactive with some excellent ‘thinking points
- “Excellent as always – informative, relevant and ready to take away and implement”
- “Fantastic resources advised and background information supplied”
- “Lots of great ideas and information to reflect on and implement in school”
- “Great information, ideas and resources for mental heath education”
- “The Mental Health session, the updates and resources were great!”
- “Always so relevant, current and useful”
- “Lovely solution and way to deal with bullying”
- “Fitted in perfectly with the priority for our SDP in school”
- “Great practical advice”
- “SEP log – marvellous idea!”
- “SEP logs are fantastic….thank-you Zena!”
- “SEP logs – a very easy and time saving system to store all SEN paperwork in an efficient way”
- “Practical strategies for children in regards to to mental health and how best to support”
- “Mind Matters and how to introduce across the school”
- “Practical solution-focused strategies”
- “Lots of useful resources and ideas”
- “SEP logs – just what I need!”
- “Strategies for bullying will be very useful. We have previously used restorative justice but this seems more positive”
- “The idea of the SEP plan was really interesting”“Useful activity ideas on well-being”
- “Mental health tools to use with children and the practical ideas for dealing with bullying were most useful”
- “Really lovely atmosphere and lots of useful information”
99.6% of delegates attending our Autumn Term 2016 Forums said they were ‘very likely‘ to recommend the Forum to a colleague.
…..so what did the other 0.4% say??……….‘probably’!!
What delegates said about last year’s Inclusion Forums:
“All the course was amazing” – SENCO, Salford
“The updates help me get ready for OFSTED” – Assistant Head/SENCO, Manchester
“Very relevant to our school, lots to take back, fab hidden webpage and resources to look at. Brilliant” – SENCO, Cheshire
“Inspirational course – thank you!” – SENCO, Hull
“Very clear explanations, hands on practical, good schemes to use, lots of examples and ideas” – TA, Cheshire
“Really informative – exactly what I’ve been trying to find” – EYFS Teacher, Salford
“Very useful with lots of practical and handy options to take back and implement” – SENCO, Salford
“Staff have said the training provided by Zena on maths was fantastic and the videos were brilliant too” – Deputy Headteacher and SENCO, Cheshire
“I have learnt lots to take back to try at school and disseminate to staff” – Assistant Head, Hull
“Lots of great ideas which can be implemented in the classroom immediately” – Subject Leader, Cheshire
“Fabulous and informative. Updates and invaluable knowledge and research that Zena produces to help me fulfil my role” – Inclusion Manager, Salford
“Very clear, engaging, concise with practical advice and resources” – Headteacher, Salford
“I came away with lots of useful and valuable resources to use both with mainstream and SEN children” – SEN TA
“I found Zena very supportive and approachable” – SENCO, Hull
“I always enjoy your training – all useful -as always! – Teacher, Warrington
“Thorough knowledge delivered in an interesting and accessible way” – Deputy/SENCO, Cheshire
“ILN courses are always very worthwhile and full of thought provoking content” – Deputy, Salford
“Always good, the hidden webpages are extremely useful” – SENDCO, Warrington
“Very useful and easy to follow” – Inclusion Lead, Oldham
“I knew nothing, but learnt everything” – TA, Cheshire
“As always, this keeps me in the loop. Lots of ideas. Engaging as always” – SENDCO, Rochdale
“Great session – lots of info shared in a short time” – Deputy Head, Wigan
“Simple resources that we already have in school with great ideas to support children’s development and understanding” – Assistant Head, Calderdale
“The broad range of fantastic suggestions as to how practical resources can be used. An excellent session full of relevant ideas and suggestions. Very enjoyable!” – Assistant Head, Rochdale
“Fantastic presentation by Zena – really useful, practical resources to bring to the classroom” – Inclusion Manager, Wakefield
“Very practical and useful ideas” – SENCO, Blackburn
“Really looking forward to going back to school to share the ideas with staff and children” – SENCO, Cheshire
“Brilliantly delivered – loads we can take back to school. Brilliant to be sign-posted to other useful resources too” – Unit Leader, Rochdale
“Great ideas and downloads to share with staff at school” – SENDCO, Kirklees
“Very informative and intersting as always” – Inclusion Manager, Calderdale
“Really inspired” – SENCO, Hull
“Excellent delivery and very informative. The right balance between teaching and practical” – Educational TA, Kirklees
“Great pace and level of interaction” – Intervention Teacher, Sefton
“Best course to date – thank you” – Inclusion Lead, Oldham.
“Brilliant……engaging, concise, fun, and of course, multi-sensory!” – Headteacher, Salford
“Really enjoyed it….lots of understanding behind it and practical ideas. I can see this making a huge difference to lesson planning and teaching and learning” – Deputy Headteacher and Assessment Leader, Wakefield.
“Fab….as always! Great activities which really clarified the messages” – INCO, Sefton
“Very well presented and interactive…kept me engaged and focused” – Teacher, Halton
“Excellent!….I have never been to one of your courses before but I will be back” – Inclusion Manager, Calderdale.
“Excellent resources, really appreciate the e-copies of the presentation so I can share it back in school” – SENCO, Sefton
“Professional and clearly someone who is still in touch with school life and pressures on teachers” – SENCO, Warrington
“Fantastic Course!….It is really useful that you can access (on-line) all the supporting materials” – EYFS Leader/SENCO, St Helens.
“Excellent – relevant and useful!” – Deputy Headteacher, Oldham
“Inspirational….course tutor brilliant” – Senior Leader, Wakefield
“Good, practical knowledge but embedded in strong theory” – Deputy Headteacher, Sefton.
“First time on this training – loved it! Very informative” – Deputy Headteacher/SENCO, Liverpool.
“Fantastic information – will pass on to rest of school. Very clear and informative….like the idea of having all the resources online” – Y1 teacher, Calderdale.
“Amazing as usual” – SENCO, Rochdale.
“Both sessions were excellent – thank you. Given lots of ways to move forward – the children, staff and myself” – Inclusion Manager, Calderdale.
“Relevant and up to date content with very professional delivery” – SENCO, Hull
“Excellent content and delivery” – SENCO, Halton.
“Excellent delivery and balance of input/discussion/visuals. New information and up-to-date. Will come again” – Deputy Headteacher and SENCO, Cheshire.
“This is the highlight of my term!” – Deputy Headteacher and SENCO, St Helens
“Very interesting and has motivated me to implement in my teaching. Delivery outstanding!” – Foundation Stage Teacher, Wakefield.
“I’ve found this so useful to update/refresh/see a way forward” – SENCO, Blackburn.
“Fabulous – loved this course. Thank-you – I feel inspired and invigorated” – Deputy Headteacher and SENCO, St Helens.
“The course was structured and delivered in such a way that it was clear, succinct and very useful” – SENCO, Sefton
“Very inclusive, well presented and enjoyable. Informative. Good balance of activities and well resourced” – SENCO, Wakefield.
“Thank you for a very informative afternoon. Good to come away from a SEN course less confused than when I arrived for once” – SENCO, Calderdale.
“A super day….extremely useful! Enlightening!” – SENCO, Halton
“Really useful and inspiring” – Inclusion Manager, Hull.
“Very inspiring course – lots of ideas to ensure lessons are inclusive to all learners” – SENCO, Cheshire
“Loved it – really made me realise how I can support children and families etc. much, much, much better” – Headteacher, Blackburn.
“Brilliant as ever! Thank you. Very relevant to now.” – SENCO, Sefton
“Cannot put a value on this….brilliant professional development.” – SENCO, Oldham
“Interesting, interactive and drawn from examples or real life” – SENDCO, Warrington
“Fantastic” – Deputy Headteacher, Cheshire
“Wonderful – clear, purposeful & entertaining.” – SEN teacher, Sefton
“Engaging, intersting and fun…but with a vital message to improve whole school teaching” – SENCO, Warrington
Brilliant – fab content & inspirational” – SENCO, St Helens
“Fantastic course. Can’t wait for the next one.” – SENCO, Sefton
“The course content was so vitally important – I feel clued up about the current SEN climate & what is expected of me within my role.” – Deputy Headteacher, Rochdale
“Inspiring as always” – SENDCO, Warrington